Seiten

Donnerstag, 17. Mai 2012

Doing Good

  Nothing exciting has happened over the past few weeks. Everything continues to go on at a normal pace. I've still been riding Udex bareback; which is going okay. I must say, I can't wait until my saddle arrives. Bareback is nice... It's just something that's too much work to do with Udex. Don't get me wrong; I love riding without a saddle... But oh how I miss the occasional accomplishing ride where I'm able to sit my horse quiet without bouncing all over the place.




  I don't know if I wrote about Firebolt yet. Firebolt is a beautiful little pony mare. To be honest I'm not sure of the exact term for her color, I guess a brownish roan? Anyways, Udex and Firebolt are a little "thing" around the barn now. Since firebolt has laminits, she won't able to go out with the rest of the herd for at least a few more months. Udex and Firebolt have stalls next to each other, and seem to have gotten along just fine. Stephanie had built Udex a little run outside so he wouldn't have to be stuck in his stall all day.. Well, since Udex seemed to have a little crush on Firebolt, she put Firebolt with Udex in the run. Since then they've become best friends. Udex gets very possesive over his little pony. When I take Udex out of the run firebolt will call out to him, and at all times he has to have his eye on her. It's so adorable to see such a massive horse protecting such a petite little pony.
  In the town that we will be moving to there is a mini Udex. A mini pony with white legs in the back, front right leg white, and front left leg brown. He has a pretty white blaze as well. We have to drive by the mini Udex (We've started calling him Mu, for Mini Udex.) and stare at him. He's very adorable and I might just have to steal him... (; Of course I'd never steal someones horse, but now I do have a new goal in life: To find a mini Udex of my own. Like it or not Udex, you'll have to make friends with the mini you. Either way, Mu is the most adorable pony I've ever seen and I'm awfully jealous of his people.
  Other then that there isn't really anything more to write about. The weather is very warm staying at around 80-90. Today he got hosed down.. and enjoyed it. Other then the heat, Udex has been adapting to this new land very well. It's really dry so I have to apply hoof oil diaily to keep his hooves from cracking more then they have already. It's also very dusty. I can brush Udex for hours and still have dust. This is going to be a warm, dry, dusty Wyoming summer.. (:


This picture is out of place, but I thought I'd
share it anyways. This is Udex having fun playing
with the jumps. He chooses to jump on a regular
basis.
"Rollkur opponents care for horses. Rollkur proponents care more for success."

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com