Seiten

Samstag, 17. September 2011

Weight and Muscle!

  Udex has definitely been packing on the pounds! His ribs are almost covered by fat and muscle! His withers are starting to gain more and more definition!! His neck and shoulders don't look obviously thin! His hips are not point triangles anymore either! Now they are starting to round with fat and muscle! People who don't know him might say he is still pretty thin, but considering he is no longer a number two on the henneke body scoring chart... I will remain proud of a number four instead. I think this transition from four to five will be the hardest one yet. Oh well, I have the time and patience for it. I can see a difference and thats what matters! For now, bring on more beet pulp!!
His spine is beginning to unlock, and his ribs
are slowly fading!
  Obviously; Udex is starting to feel and look a lot better! Because of that, his overall performance has shot up the scales!! It's amazing how big of a change he has gone through!!! A few months ago he was very reluctant to do things, and very dull. Now he gives you anything you ask for (as long as you ask for it right!!) It's been just amazing to see the changes this horse has gone (and is still!) going through!
  I can't leave out how happy Udex has been!!! Everything about him is like a new horse!! He loves to play with his pony pals, loves to gallop around out in the paddocks, has a huge appetite for his food, and is gaining more confidence in himself! It's a lovely feeling to see him so full of life... considering how close he was to giving up!
  I can't express how much I hate rollkur. It has caused so much damage to such a kind, beautiful soul. Udex, and many other innocent horses don't deserve to go through all that pain. I was talking to someone the other day about flies and horses. She said "I don't care if there are a lot of flies on my horse. He just gets a little annoyed by it... That's normal." I couldn't get those words out of my head... I don't want my horse to be a little annoyed, stressed, hurt, or angry in any way, from any reason. I put fly spray and fly blanket on my horse to give him the kind, stress free days in the paddock he deserved. Then as I was thinking about how cold some people can be to their equines, I thought that's what rollkur users must think. "Ah, the horse will only be in a little discomfort for a few minutes." May I please tell you that that statement is totally wrong. Eventually all the damage starts to build up. The pile gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger... Until one day the weight of it is too much.. and it all crashes. It has been a very difficult journey to bring Udex where he is now.. and even now we still have a very long journey in front of us. I'm really lucky that I found Udex and have been able to help him. Sadly; for some others it's too late. Please STOP rollkur!!! All you are doing is causing pain to an innocent animal!

"Rollkur opponents care for horses. Rollkur proponents care more for success."

 

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com