Seiten

Mittwoch, 2. März 2011

Sunshine, Sunshine, Sunshine, SUNSHINE!

     Oh, the joys of bright sunshiny days!! Walking down to the barn and feeling the warmth from outside, ahhh, it makes you so ready for the day!!! Of course, I am not the only one that benefits from this joyful weather! Udex can go outside and play with his friends!!! It always fills me with joy to see horses at play! However, I did noticed his first "battle wound" of the year! Mr. Udex apparently was trying to be the boss today in the paddock... Lesson learned; You can't boss around the lead mare, you just can't do it. (hee-hee!) Guess who learned a lesson? Yup! The little gash on his leg is proof to that one! Well, I guess that now, its official... Spring has began!!
 Lately Udex and I have been going on a schedule that involves a morning ride, with an afternoon filled with paddock and friends, and then an evening with an exercise or game before dinner!! What a trooper, working so hard! I am so proud of him! I think he is as determined as I am to get him back up to shape!!
Udex and I being silly.
     Overall, today our rides were lovely!! In the evening, I let it be a free day for him. After all, he has been doing a lot of hard work! I repeatedly went on diagonals to let him extend his trot. Oh boy, how he loves to extend and show of!!! Tomorrow its back to work though, and not a fun day. My goals for tomorrow are to ride exactly on the bit, not above, or behind it. If we get that down in the morning, he can have an evening of free running in the arena! I am proud of both of us!!!! Today was, overall, pretty dang awesome!

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com