Seiten

Samstag, 24. September 2011

We are now at our new barn!

   We did it! We are officially at our new barn! We were going to wait until february but we my old trainer totally turned against us. We decided that being harassed by my trainer, who obviously doesn't care about my horse, it would be best to leave faster since we absolutely had nothing to benefit at all from at the barn. What my trainer said to us was terrible. She accused us of lying to her, putting myself before my horse, and the kicker... Saying that Udex has huge Intermediare/Grand Prix potential, but I'm not the rider to get him there.. I won't ever get past fourth level. That was the final straw. It really hurts to know that this entire time that was the real her behind her smile. Oh well. There's a better trainer out our new barn anyways.
  This morning I went to go groom Udex at our old barn for the last time. The way he acted was as if he knew that today was his last day at that barn. Very calm, and being so cuddly with all the others. After I groomed Udex I turned him back out while we drove to our new barn to get the trailer!!! We got to the new barn and drove with Klaus (the owners son, who also works at the barn.) with the trailer to pick Udex up!!! I was so excited the entire way!! This day was beautiful! It was warm, sunny, and everything said everything was going to work out great. As soon as we got to the stable we loaded sweet little Udex into the trailer!! He went in very happily and quiet. Like I said, Udex knew it was time to go. Before we knew it, we were at the barn and ready to unload!! Udex stepped out of the trailer with all of the pride in the world!!! Everywhere he could look were beautiful horses grazing. His eyes were lit with a new type of happiness! Right then and there I knew that this was the right choice bringing him here.
  I walked Udex around his new home for around 30 minutes. He was so happy and fresh, both mentally and physically! After getting a bit more familiar with the ranch grounds it was time for him to go to his new paddock! There are a bunch of paddocks at the ranch with lots of horses in them all, mostly categorized by size. The smaller horses (the quarter horses, paints, carriage horses, and smaller warmbloods) are in one paddock, and the taller horses (the hot warmbloods) are in another one as well. Right now Udex is in the middle of these on his own. He needs to get used to the others, and it's safer to have him alone! Udex looooves being alone though! He can see the others, so he knows he isn't the only horse on the planet, but he has his alone room which is very important. He is in the center of his huge mile long paddock happily grazing right now as I type!
  I know this was the right choice!!!! Udex is so happy... I'm so happy.. Everyone is so happy! I'm proud of having the courage to do what's right for my horse and I!! I have a good feeling about this!
Rollkur opponents care for horses. Rollkur proponents care more for success."


 

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com