Seiten

Freitag, 5. August 2011

It was a great birthday.

   Yesterday I turned fourteen years old! I got two new bridles for my Udex! One, a lovely double bridle, and the other, a nose band piece to my single snaffle bridle. Warmblood nose bands are somehow too big for my crazy horse. Yeah, I don't know why it is but oh well. Anyways, I bought a vollblut size noseband (which in German, Is thoroughbred size. I had finished grooming Udex, putting on his leg wraps and his saddle and was about to put on my bridle, in hopes that the new nose band would fit a lot better!
  It did fit a lot better.. Only problem was the leather on the crank was too short, and I couldn't reach the end of the leather to the buckle to close it tight! Ahhhh! My mom and friend and I thought about what we could do to make the end reach to the buckle. We sat there for about thirty minutes.. Then we came up with the good idea of attaching one of my old flashes to the end of the leather, and closing it with the end of the flash!!! The idea was brilliant! It worked!!!! It does look a bit ghetto, but hey, it does the job, and that's all that matters! [pics to come later.]
  Anyways, yesterday I had a fantastic ride with Mr. Udex! He was so great! Now, when you ride Udex you have to keep in mind he is intelligent beyond belief. Some days he will test you and try to avoid every aide. [[giving ice tea instead of coffee just because he doesn't feel like making the coffee.]] However, when you ride with a whip he knows that you are not playing around and that everything you are asking him is for real.
  So yesterday I did the whip! I wasn't willing to take any chances. Oh my gosh! Udex was so amazing! We did shoulder in, haunches in, leg yields, renverse, traverse and so much other awesome movements perfectly. Udex was listening to me so well, at one point I held the reins with only one hand, and with the hand that was holding the reins put them to his ears. When I did that it means he was truly only listening to my seat and leg aids, not my rein aids. He was being so amazing and doing everything so perfect!!!
  Towards the end of my ride I had a great trot with Udex. I have learned to hold against his head throwing, so these days when he tries it it doesn't last more then two or three shakes.
  I really love my horse!! He made my birthday so amazing!! The little things he does are the ones that make me smile the biggest! Such an eager boy that one! <3 I am so blessed with such a talented pony. <3
 

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com