Seiten

Samstag, 2. Juli 2011

Horse shoes??

*sigh* Today Udex got  horse shoes!! I was hoping it would not have to come to this, but ah, as luck would have it, Udex was shod. Any how, our farrier is amazing. He is one of the best in the country [Germany]! He travels to Kentucky to give clinics on how he shoes horses, has his own farrier school, drives horses himself, and has his mini farrier shop in a trailer on the back of his car! -The farrier really knows his stuff, which is always a relief when you have a tall, energetic, very nervous horse!!- I have to say, I was more then impressed when the farrier took out his spiffy little heat map that showed the heat levels in Udex's hooves. The farrier had me run Udex on the rough, rocky, terrain to get a better judgement of what type of shoes, and on which feet, Udex would need. So the heat map, the farriers clever eye, and Udex's movement showed the farrier that the smartest choice would to be to get him shoes on his front feet! I know with Udex that usually with men he gets
extremely nervous!! (His past training was of rollkur with a harsh man, with little hair and deep voice, so when Udex meets a man that reminds him of his old trainer/rider, he starts to remember the harsh rollkur and the pain he was put through.) Anyways, I was amazed at how well Udex behaved! He stood more quiet then I have ever seen him in his life. May I also add he was alone in the stable?? Talk about improvement!? So, my Udex stood amazingly for the farrier while he was getting shoes on! I did feel pretty bad for the farrier though when half way through putting the shoe on Udex, Udex decides his head itches and felt the need to rub the farriers back, resulting in the poor farrier almost falling over!! Udex! Oh well! I am glad he is no longer limping, and now we can relax about him getting his feel bruised from the stones! Goodbye mushroom feet... Hellooooo irons!

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com